- Food and Cooking
Italian Goats Cheese and Red Pepper brochette Recipe
Me and Jon really love goats cheese brochette and often have it in our favourite italian. We have tried a few different combinations of it, so figured we could make our own. It is really easy and simple and is a great light lunch, afternoon snack, starter or party food.
We made ours with 4 of the small bake your own baguette sliced along the length, but they can be made with any type of baguette. Or if you are doing them for a party you can slice up a french loaf and do smaller bite size versions.
The strong flavour of the Goats Cheese works really well with the roasted pepper and a drizzle of sweet balsamic vinegar.
Rate this Recipe
- 2 Baguettes
- 1 Goats Cheese
- 1 Red Pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
- If your using bake your own rolls, then bake your rolls first and set aside for them to cool
- Slice up your pepper into large chunks, then either place them under the grill or in a George Forman type grill
- Once the peppers are grilled, remove from the heat and let them cool a little. Then slice them into long thin strips
- Thinly slice up your goats cheese. Slice your rolls however you want them. Then layer a few slices of pepper and a few bits of goats cheese on each slice of bread
- Place them under the grill to heat for 5-10 minutes, until the rolls are lightly toasted and the cheese is melted.
- Serve drizzles with a little sweet dark balsamic vinegar. And enjoy!