- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Baked Chicken Recipes and More
Baked Chicken Recipes
This chicken pot pie is easy to make and a family favorite. This is an easy meal idea for the busy family and leftovers heat up very well in the oven.
Chicken Tetrazini is another delicious recipe that your family will enjoy. Anything that makes life simpler is welcome to working moms and dads. Children typically like chicken, which makes these recipes very good for the family.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie
- 4 chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans crescent rolls
- To taste salt and pepper
- Cook chicken until tender. Cool and remove any skin or bones, then chop chicken in small bite size pieces.
- Place first can of crescent rolls in bottom of 9"x13" pan. Broil until slightly brown,less than 5 minutes.
- Mix soups,chicken, salt and pepper and broth until smooth,then fold in vegetables and chicken.
- Pour chicken and soup mixture into pan with crust.
- Use the second can of crescent rolls and carefully place over entire chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
Nutrition per Serving
|Serving size: 1/6th of casserole|
|Calories from Fat||243|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 27 g||42%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Carbohydrates 60 g||20%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 6 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Country Cheese Biscuits
Anyone who has eaten Red Lobster's cheesy biscuits will adore this simple recipe. These biscuits only take a few minutes to make and are often a family favorite.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 C. butter
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 C. milk
Preheat the oven to 425° F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter with a pastry cutter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the cheese and milk. Mix with a fork until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead 5 - 6 times. Roll the dough out to a 1 inch thickness. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until they are a light brown.
Optional: Brush the tops of the biscuits with 2 T. melted butter after removing form the oven.
Cold-Weather Crock Pot Lasagna
Delicious Chicken Tetrazini
This is another easy recipe to make a cooked chicken meal that is delicious and easy to prepare. It only take 30 minutes to bake.
- 8 oz thin spaghetti, broken
- 2 c. diced chicken
- 2 (10 1/2 oz) cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/2 c. chopped pimento
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp. Minced onion
- 1 c. milk
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 1 c. shredded American cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to instructions.
- Combine all ingredients, using 1/2 of the cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top in 9” X 13” pan..
Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown.
Yield: 10 servings
Delicious Southern Pecan Bundt Cake
Southern Pecan Praline Pecan Cake
This cake recipe takes only a couple of minutes to make and the texture is something like a pound cake. The taste is delicious. I have taken this to many potluck dinners and there is never a piece leftover.
1 box butter pecan cake mix
¾ cup vegetable oil
1 can coconut pecan frosting mix
1 cup water
1 cup pecan pieces
Spray Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients, including frosting mix and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. It just doesn't get easier than this.
You can make a glaze with confectioner sugar and a bit of milk if you like. The cake is very moist and really doesn't require frosting.
This recipe works well with lemon cake mix and lemon frosting without the pecans also.
These recipes are a group of easy to make and they are all delicious. They are particularly good in cold weather but certainly can be used year round. The cake is particularly unique and if you like pecans you will love this recipe.
The copyright, renewed in 2018, for this article is owned by Pamela Oglesby. Permission to republish this article in print or online must be granted by the author in writing.