Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Pumpkin has found the greatest popularity in dessert making and it isn't just for Thanksgiving! One of the easiest and tastiest ways to use pumpkin is by making pumpkin pies.
The pumpkin pie was created when American colonists cut off the top of the pumpkin, removed the seeds, and filled the insides with milk, spices, and honey. Then the pumpkin was baked in hot ashes, yielding a delicious mixture that made a tasty filling for pastry.
If you can't find a fresh pumpkin, not to worry. Canned pumpkin with a little bit of added spice works just fine. Following is an easy pumpkin pie recipe that can be modified to your taste.
What You Need:
- ½ C brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ C pumpkin
- 1 ½ C heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ C corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pie crust
How to Make It:
- Place the pie crust in a pie plate.
- Place the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour and toss to combine.
- Add the pumpkin and heavy cream.
- Use a mixer on medium speed and beat until completely combined together.
- Sprinkle in the salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Stir until combined well.
- Pour in the corn syrup and mix.
- Add the beaten eggs and the vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350° F and bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
When testing for doneness if the knife does not come out clean, allow the pie to bake another 2 to 3 minutes before testing again.