Gramma's Spiced Zucchini Bread
Gramma's Spiced Zucchini Bread is the best in town and will make your mouth water the instant you smell it baking in the kitchen. The addition of zucchini lends a great nutritional value while helping build the great flavor at the same time! It will soon become a favorite of your family as well! I will take a picture as soon as it is out of the oven!
Rate This Recipe
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, (1 stick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup zucchini, finely grated raw, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped - optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9x5x3-in loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter: beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, soda, and nutmeg.
- Stir half of flour mixture into butter mixture. Add zucchini. Batter may take on a curdled look. Add remaining dry ingredients and blend well.
- Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into pan.
Test center to see if done. Let rest about 20 minutes. Remove from pan.
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 teaspoon of water to create a drizzle frosting. Add powdered sugar or water to get consistency smooth. Drizzle on top of loaf an over sides. Wrap with foil to maintain moisture.
Slice and serve.