- Food and Cooking»
- Dietary Restrictions»
- Dietary Restrictions for Health
Grandpa's Favorite Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
One of my favorite things to bake is cookies! When I was little, my dad was the cookie baker in the family. I always loved watching and especially helping him make those delicious chocolate chip cookies! I guess that's where I got my love for baking. I soon learned how he made his cookies so good, and I started making my own cookies! Eventually, I became the cookie baker. Everybody raved about my cookies! Grandpa even said that they were good, and he's now my best critic.
When I became gluten intolerant, I was still able to make cookies, but I could no longer eat them. I began to experiment with different gluten free flours and flour blends. I found a certain blend that worked really well. When Grandpa tasted them, he said that not only were they really delicious, they were the best cookies that he'd ever eaten in his entire life! He was very surprised when I told him that they were gluten free and he insisted that I post the recipe here.
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until the batter lightens in color and is fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum and beat on medium speed until all dry ingredients are completely mixed in. Be careful not to let your mixer speed get to high, or the flour will poof all over the place.
- Add Ghirardelli chips and vanilla chips and stir until evenly mixed.
- Scoop dough by 1 tablespoonfuls, roll into a ball, and place on an un-greased cookie sheet. Place 9 balls per cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-14 minutes. Let cool about a minute before removing from pan. Enjoy!