- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Great Crockpot Recipes-Chicken In A Pot
This is another easy crockpot recipe. Basically with a whole chicken and a few ingredients, you will have a wonderful meal that will taste like you worked on it for hours. There are options to cook it on high for a shorter cook time, but remember to add a cup of water for the moisture that will boil off.
- 3 lb whole chicken
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, with leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chlcken broth or wine
- Put carrots, onions, and celery in bottom of crockpot. Add whole chicken. Top with salt, pepper, liquid. Sprinkle basil over top.
- Cover and cook until done-low 8 to 10 hours. (High 3 to 4 hours, using 1 cup water). Remove chicken and vegetables with spatula.
- Simple But Yummy Biscuits and Gravy-Easy Recipe
This is a tasty recipe that the family loves whenever we get together. On holiday mornings one of us is loading biscuits on the pans while the other gets the skillet going.