- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Great Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
What makes this hot fudge sauce recipe great is its' thick, fudge-like consistency, plus how quick and easy the recipe is to make. The rich flavor of this hot fudge sauce recipe makes it delicious on just about anything. Drizzle it over ice cream or brownies. Garnish ice cream cake, such as the recipe,"Great Ice Cream Cake Recipe: Oreo Crust", as seen in the accompanying photo, or dip strawberries in this rich, chocolatey goodness. Once you make this easy recipe for hot fudge sauce you will find an array of foods with which you can eat it because it is so delicious!
Hot Fudge Sauce Makes Dessert Even Better
- 1 can (14oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips, (or 4 oz of any type of chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Using a small sauce pan, warm the condensed milk and butter over medium-low heat. Gently mix the ingredients continuously, so they do not burn.
- After the butter has melted and is mixed with the condensed mllk, add the chocolate chips. Stir the mixture until the chips are coated and thoroughly mixed into the butter and condensed milk.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the vanilla extract. Continue stirring the ingredients until the chips have fully melted.
- Drizzle your homemade hot fudge over your favorite dessert or use as a chocolate dipping sauce. Store leftovers in the refrigerator (if there are any!).
Hot Fudge Recipe Variations
Replace the chocolate chips with your 4 ounces of your favorite type of chocolate. Each chocolate variety will make a unique hot fudge sauce. Chocolates varieties to try:
- dark chocolate
- milk chocolate
- white chocolate
- bittersweet chocolate
You may even enjoy different flavor chips, such as:
- peanut butter chips
- mint chips
- butterscotch chips
Other ingredients that make delectable hot fudge sauce:
- add coffee
- cocoa powder
- melted marshmallows