- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Green and White Pizza
After some thought ...
I decided to post this recipe even though there are probably dozens of versions already posted ... everywhere.
This however, was my first attempt - had never even given thought to assembling a 'white' pizza until my husband suggested it. In fact, many years ago, when I was still living in Vancouver, Washington, I took my kids to a brand new restaurant that specialized in pizza and for something different I ordered a chicken and spinach pie. I was not impressed.
So ... here we go, my take on a tomato-less pizza (although, tomatoes could be added for a tasty option!)
I am putting the recipe for the quick and easy dough we used here:
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes (or until you are ready to use).
Dough will be sticky!
- Quick & easy dough, recipe above
- 4 chicken tenders, sliced and sauted
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, coarse chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 jar Classico Alfredo sauce, as much as you desire
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon each oregano, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder
- Saute chicken in olive oil and garlic until no longer pink.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan.
- Spread a bit of the garlic infused oil used for sauteing the chicken on the crust.
- Sprinkle half the Parmesan cheese on the crust.
- Add enough Alfredo sauce to cover the crust to the edges (as much or as little as you like. Sprinkle the herbs over the crust.
- Spread the rest of your toppings evenly over the crust.
- Top with cheeses and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.