- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Rate this Recipe:
Grilled Potatoes with Vegetables and Meat
This is a recipe for grilled potatoes that can easily be altered for your own preferences. It's a great recipe for when you seem to have random items in your fridge that you just don't know what to do with! If you enjoy cooking together and one enjoys grilling, it's a winner for date night. You can also easily adapt quantities for the perfect ratio for your own taste buds.
- 6-8 small to medium sized Golden Potatoes, Halved and thinly sliced
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- About 2 cups Brussel Sprouts, Halved
- About 16 ounces Beef Back Strap, Cooked, sliced
- Salt and Pepper
- McCormick Steak Seasoning
- McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Butter, (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese, (optional, for garnish)
- Start off melting butter in a skillet on stove top (medium heat). Add in a small amount of salt and pepper. Place back strap in the skillet (halving if needed) and let it brown on both sides. (Note: this step can also be done on the grill if preferred). Once cooked, remove and let cool on a cutting board. Then slice the meat into bite size pieces.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add in olive oil (enough to slightly cover all), salt and pepper. Stir to evenly distribute. Begin cooking potatoes on grill. After *12-15 minutes, add in the brussel sprouts, tomatoes, and back strap. Season all with steak seasoning and/or roasted garlic and herb seasoning. Stir occasionally. *Short cut: place potatoes in microwave in microwave-safe bowl and cook for about 4 min
- Serve with feta cheese.
Brussel sprouts can easily be substituted with another vegetable, such as zucchini, broccoli, or green beans.
Golden potatoes can be substituted for red potatoes, and back strap can be substituted with a more tender meat, such as tenderloin or filet. If you want something less expensive, try ground hamburger meat.
Another great garnish, not to mention a power food, is kale. You can add it in to the mix for the last 2-3 minutes of cooking, or you can cook it in a separate skillet for 2-3 min in oil to use as garnish. It looks great with feta.
If you don't want to grill, you can bake in the oven or stir-fry on the stove.
Recommended Cooking Pan
Nordic Ware can be used on the grill or in the oven. This particular pan has holes to allow faster cooking and a stronger "grill taste." If you use in the oven, be sure to place foil underneath it so juices from the food do not make a mess in your oven.
Did you know...???
Brussel sprouts are highly nutritional, containing protein, dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
They are in the same family as collard greens, cabbage, broccoli and kale. The scientific name is Brassica oleracea (Gemmifera Group)
Steaming brussel sprouts can help lower your cholesterol.
They also help in protecting DNA.