- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Ground Chicken Burgers 3 ways
Basic Chicken Burgers
Great Tasting Burgers
If you're looking for plain, straightforward burgers, I've got them. We also have suggestions to jazz them up to please a variety of cravings, so pick your favorite family; teriyaki, barbecue, or herb.
1 pound ground chicken meat
1 medium carrot, peel and grated ( 1/2 cup )
2 green onions, trimmed and minced
1 garlic clove, crushed
4 hamburgers buns, warmed
Sliced cucumber, lettuce leaves, and green onion ( optional )
1. Prepare a grill indoor or outdoor will do. In a mediun bowl, with hand mix ground chicken, carrot, green onions, and garlicuntil evenly combine.
2. On waxed paper, shape chicken mixture into four 3 1/2 inch round patties ( mixture will be very soft and moist ), handling meat as little as possible.
3. Place patties on hot grill rack over medium heat and grill, turning once, until juices run clear when center of burger is pierced with the tip of the knife,about 12 mnutes.( if you have a grill with widely spaced grates, you may want to plac burgers on a perforated grill topper them intact.
4. Place burgers on warmed buns. Serve with cucumber slices, lettuce leaves, and green onions if you like.
Not only is these burgers good they are healthy and only have 275 calories, so if you want to jazz them up a bit you can try them in three different ways just follow these simple instructions.
Before shaping into patties combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar, 2 teaspoons of grated peeled ginger, and 2 tablespoons of Asian sesame oil with ground chicken mixture, blend well but do not over mix. Form patties, then grill as directed.
Before shaping into patties combine 2 tablespoons chili sauce, 1 tablespoon light (mild) molasses, 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper sauce, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt with ground chicken mixture mix until well blended but not over mix, then grill as directed.
Before shaping into patties combine, 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill, 1 tablespoon dried mint, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon ground cumin,1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of ground red peppers(cayenne) with ground chicken mixture mix until blended but not over mixed, then grill as direct.
You can try these great tasting mixes to make a great tasting burger anytime and I'm sure your family will enjoy it.