- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Bread Pudding - Simple To Make - Lovely To Eat.
Rate this recipe.
If your family is like mine we never seem to finish a full loaf of bread, this simple pudding allows you to use up and not waste bread that is no longer fresh. This is so easy to make and is great to make with your kids.
- Half a loaf White Bread
- I Bowl Water
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Half a teaspoon Cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon Mixed Spice
- 6oz Dried Mixed Fruit
- Two Tablespoons Sugar
Put it together.
- Remove all crusts from the bread. Tear the bread into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Cover the bread with water and allow to soak in.When the bread is fully soaked squeeze the bread and drain out any excess water.
- Pour the dried fruit, the sugar and the spices into the bowl and mix well with a large spoon.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased baking tin and cook on a medium heat until the pudding is well browned.
- Serve with cream or custard.