- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients»
- Fruit Ingredients
How to Make Half Dried Tomatoes
Half Dried Tomatoes
It all started with a Gordon Ramsey recipe that called for half roasted tomatoes (recipe review coming soon). I could not find half dried tomatoes at the grocery store, so I decided I should make them. All the recipes I found were based in Australia or Europe (I had to convert to imperial), so I thought it would be great to share my version of the recipe. I love using these in place of traditional fully dried tomatoes. They give quite a bit of flavor. They also provide a great base for making pasta sauce.
- 2 lbs or more Roma Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Basil to taste
- Oregano to taste
- Garlic Powder (optional) to taste
- .1 - 2 tbsp olive oil or hemp seed oil, etc
- Wash and dry your tomatoes. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. add parchment paper to a large baking sheet.
- slice tomatoes in half and spread onto baking sheet with the flat, sliced side of the tomato facing up.
- Use a brush to very lightly coat the tomatoes on both sides with olive or hemp seed oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic. Place in the oven on the very bottom oven rack the stove has a slot for. Cook for 2-4 hours, until they shrink in size by half.
- Remove from oven and place in mason jars with a bit of olive oil for storing.
© 2016 Healthy Habits