Tropical Fudge Recipe
If you love the taste of the tropics, then you will really enjoy this fudge, with a hint of tropical paradise in every bite.
This fudge is loaded with sun-ripened pineapple, crunchy macadamia nuts and flaked coconut.
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 Tbsp. crystalized ginger, chopped
C and H Pure Cane Sugar 1976 vintage commercial
DOLE Pineapple Packing
- Drain pineapple, reserve juice.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil, extend the foil over 2 sides of the pan, grease foil.
- Butter sides of a heavy large sauce pan. Combine sugar, whipping cream, pineapple, and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice in saucepan.Stirring constantly, cook over medium-low heat until sugar dissolves. Using a pastry brush dipped in hot water, wash down only sugar crystals on sides of pan. Attach a candy thermometer to pan, making sure thermometer does not touch bottom of pan. Increase heat to medium and bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring until syrup reaches soft-boil stage.(approximately 234 to 240 degrees). test about 1/2 teaspoon syrup in ice water. Syrup will easily form a ball in ice water but will flatten in your hand.
- Add butter and vanilla; do not stir. Place pan in 2 inches of cold water in sink. Cool to approximately 110 degrees. Beat fudge on high with an electric mixer until it thickens and begins to lose its gloss. Stir in macadamia nuts, coconut, and ginger.
- Pour into prepared pan. Cool completely. Use ends of foil to lift fudge from pan. Cut into 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Makes about 4 dozen pieces of fudge.
- Sometimes I use a can of coconut milk instead of the whipping cream...It is easy just whip it up the same as you would whipping cream
More Delicious Recipes
- Chocolate Cherry Nut Texas Sheet Cake
This Chocolate Cherry Texas Sheet Cake is Big in taste and Big in size. If you like the taste of mocha and cheeries, then you will love this easy to make cake...not only is it easy and fast to make . It is moist and delicious.
- Fresh Glazed Strawberry Pie
Who could resist, a delicious and easy to prepare fresh glazed strawberry pie, a pretty dessert that with its red transparent glaze and its fluffy white whipped cream topping and it is delicious too!