Healthy Children's Meal: Veggie Bean Tacos
Veggie Bean Tacos
Being the mother of two young girls, I have had to find recipes of foods that my two picky little eaters will devour that are both tasty and healthy. Veggie Bean Tacos are both, not only do my girls love them, but so do my husband and I. I should mention my husband and I love Mexican Food, specifically Tacos so this recipe for us wasn't a stretch and was kind of a no brainer. It is also relatively inexpensive and will be kind to your wallet as well.
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- One 16 oz. package Frozen Stir Fry Peppers and Onion Blend, We use Birds Eye.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- One 15 oz. Can No-salt added Black Beans
- 2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 8 6" Corn Tortillas
- 4 oz. Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 1 cup
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen peppers blend and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until peppers are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Then, stir in salt and beans, heat through. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Lay warmed tortillas(can be warmed for less than a minute in the microwave) flat and divide pepper mixture among the tortillas. Top each with cheddar cheese. Fold over and serve.
- For a variation, you can also top with low fat sour cream and black olives from a can.
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Bean Tacos
|Serving size: 1 Taco|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 5 g|
|Carbohydrates 23 g||8%|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 9 g||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
To sum it up...
This recipe for Veggie Bean Tacos is not only a delicious, but healthy inexpensive meal. Hope our family enjoys it as much as ours. Happy Eating!!!