Healthy Cooking - Easy and Delicious Burritos
Burritos is something everyone can enjoy and appreciate. They are great for parties as well as family gatherings. Don't worry about getting fat, because this food is healthier than most other type of burritos! This meal isn't hard to afford, but its also very delicious and tempting! This specific variation of a burrito recipe is sure to impress, and impact you like no other burrito has before!
Spoon the meat filling onto each tortilla just below the center. Fold the bottom edge of each tortilla up and over the filling just till the mixture is covered. Fold opposite sides of each tortilla in, just till they meet. Roll up tortillas.
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- chopped green onion
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Heat in a 360 degree oven for 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, for filling, cook ground beef and onion till meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in black beans, undrained tomatoes with chili peppers, and chili powder. Simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or to desired consistency.
- Reserve 1/4 cup filling; set aside. Spoon one-fourth of the remaining filling onto each tortilla just below the center. Fold bottom edge of tortilla up and over filling. Fold opposite sides of tortilla in, just till they meet. Roll up from the bottom. Top with some of the reserved filling. Sprinkle with green onion. Makes 4 servings
- (Optional) Serve these burritos with Spanish rice (will be included in nutrition.
1 serving: 386 calories, 23 g protein, 49 g carbohydrate, 12 g fat, 37 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 635 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste testing adventure!