- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Healthy Cooking - Vegetable and Turkey Sandwiches
Are you hungry yet? I know I sure am! So how about creating this beautiful sandwiches for the both of us? No? Ok, fine make it for yourself. Well at least I'm going to give you the recipe to this wonderful and fulfilling meal. You want healthy, and you're going to get healthy! I believe this means it's time to snack.
This is a very simple recipe. Great for beginners just learning how to cook. This would be a great appetizer as well as a lunch or snack! Low fat and low cholesterol for those who are looking to lose weight or low cholesterol recipes.
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup small cauliflower flowerets
- 1 medium carrot cut into thin strips
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 6 pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 4 green onions, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup reduced calorie italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 club rolls, split
- 4 slices fully cooked turkey breast (4 ounces)
- Combine green pepper slices, cauliflower, carrot strips, chopped tomato, olive slices, and onion strips. Stir in italian salad dressing and basil. Refrigeration for 4 hours is optional.
- To assemble sandwiches, toast rolls, if desired. Top each roll half with half a turkey slice. Stir vegetable mixture. Using a slotted spoon, spoon vegetable mixture over turkey slices. Makes 4 servings
1 serving: 257 calories, 14 g protein, 36 g carbohydrate, 7 g fat, 22 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 329 mg potassium.
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!