Healthy Desserts For Ramadan
In Ramadan we have to cut out junk foods, need to eat balanced and healthy meals. During fasting, glucose level generally drops down and so does the body's energy level. By adding healthy desserts in our iftar menu we can boost our energy level instantly. Healthy desserts consist of fruits, milk and dry fruits etc. A normal size bowl serving of healthy dessert can increase the metabolic rate instantly in iftar. Some desserts recipes are as follow: http://blush.com.pk/category/food/
- Milk 1 1/2 liter
- Cornflour 4 tablespoons
- Colored vermicelli ½ cup
- Sugar ½ cup
- Lal sherbat ¼ cup
- Fruit cocktail 1 tin
- Green jelly 1 packet
- Red jelly 1 packet
- Yellow jelly 1 packet
- Almonds 1 tablespoon (crushed)
- Pistachios 1 tablespoon (crushed)
- Walnut 1 tablespoon (crushed)
- Cream 2 packet
- Make red, yellow and green jelly as per the instructions on the packet and refrigerate so they can be settled down. Then cut them into small pieces.
- Put colored vermicelli and sugar in the milk and boil on low flame until vermicelli become soft.
- In a little water, dissolve cornflour, pour it in the vermicelli mixture and stir continuously.
- Let it cool, then add lal sherbat in it.
- Now add fruit cocktail, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, cream and jelly in it.
- Garnish with jelly, cream, almonds and pistachios and serve chilled.
- Milk 3 kg
- Sugar 1 cup
- Rice 1 cup
- Khoya ½ cup
- Rabri ½ kg
- Cardamom powder 1 teaspoon
- Almonds 4 tablespoons chopped
- Pistachio 2 tablespoons chopped
- Rose water 1 tablespoon
- Silver paper for garnish
- In a pan cook milk, sugar and green cardamom powder.
- When the milk begins to boil, add crushed rice in it and cook until rice become soft. Stir continuously.
- When the kheer starts to thicken add khoya, rose water, half quantity of almonds and pistachios in it.
- Turn off the flame and add rabri to the micxture.
- Then refrigerate the kheer.
- Garnish rabri kheer with silver paper, almond and pistachios.
Sujji Ka Halwa:
- Suji (semolina) 1 cup
- Ghee 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water ½ cup
- Cardamom powder ½ teaspoon
- Milk powder 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut 1 cup
- Sliced coconut for garnishing
- To make sheera, take a pan add water and sugar in it, cook it until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to thicken. You have to cook approximately for 15 minutes.
- In another pan fry suji in the ghee with the cardamom powder on low flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till it color turns pale golden.
- Then add milk powder, desiccated coconut and sheera in the suji.
- Take a flat bottomed dish grease it with the ghee and pour whole mixture of sujji in it.
- Garnish with sliced coconut.
- Cool down the suji halwa and cut it into diamond shape and serve.
Pineapple yogurt dessert:
- Yogurt 1 kg
- Condense milk 1 tin
- Pineapple jelly powder 1- ½ packet
- Pineapple cubes 1 tin
- Fresh cream 1 packet
In a bowl add yogurt, condense milk, pineapple jelly powder, pineapple cubes and fresh cream to mix. Refrigerate it for 6 to 7 hours and serve chilled.
Enjoy these healthy recipes of desserts in iftar with your family and get instant energy.