- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Healthy Dish: Steamed Broccoli With Almond And Butter
In the world of healthy vegetables, broccoli occupies the special status of being one of the most nutritious vegetables around. Broccoli is a veritable goldmine of nutrition. It should be an essential part of your diet because broccoli can help maintain our nervous system, regulated blood pressure, rich in vitamin C to kick the common cold away. Broccoli contains high level of both calcium and vitamin K, which are important for bone health. Broccoli also helps us prevent the sun damage, booths our immune system to fight the cancer or heart disease.
With all great benefits from broccoli we should include broccoli in our eating routine. Along with almonds and butter we can create a delicious, crunchy, and rich nutritious vegetable dish. This healthy dish can use for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
Cooking time: 15 minutes only
Menus for 4-6 servings:
- 1/2 kg broccoli clean and trim
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup raw almonds slices.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt as needed
- Steam the broccoli in a pot for 2 or 3 mins. Take out, let cool.
- Heat the butter in a pan with medium heat until boiling. Add almond in the butter and stir until almonds are yellow and greasy smells fragrant. Add cooked broccoli and lemon juice. Add and adjust salt to taste.
- Pour the cooked broccoli on the plate and serve hot with white steam rice.