Lazy Hack All -in-1 Chicken Vegetable Hot Pot Stew
Please Rate My Chicken Recipe. Thanks !
All-In-1 Hot Pot Stew
Yes, that is what I called it.
Dump all your ingredients into the pot and simmer them for 20-30minutes.
This is the best and easiest way to cook a quick chicken stew in a jiffy for 4 person family.
You don't need any side dishes because it is a combination of meat and vegetables plus tubers, packed with vitamins, minerals and fibers.
A simple pot roast of chicken is a family treat when you want to get all the goodness in the juicy chicken meat, absorb Vitamin A from soft boiled carrots, carbohydrates from the chunks of potatoes and Vitamin C from the French beans vegetable.
This quick and easy Chicken Pot Roast was taught by my mom. All you have to do is put all the ingredients into the pot and fill in sufficient water to cover up the ingredients. Simmer for at least 20min to 30min until the chicken meat and vegetables turn soft.
Chicken Pot Roast uses skinless chicken ribs and chicken keels with very little fats, a healthy dish for the whole family that goes well with plain white rice.
This is the best pot I ever had!
Stir fried onions, chicken meat do not stick onto the base of this ceramic pot.
Furthermore, it cooks pretty fast, less than 20 minutes and the food slide off easily into a shallow bowl.
Washing is a breeze, no scrubbing, just a simple wash with sponge will do
Utensil you need for pot roast
- 1/2 chicken-ribs and keel, chopped into convenient pieces
- 4 cloves
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium carrot, chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, chunks
- 1/2 bombay onion, quarters
- 100g French Beans
- 1 tablesppon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon all spice powder
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 slices ginger, minced
- 2 bowls water
How to cook Chicken Pot Roast
- Wash and clean chicken well. Remove all chicken skins and extra yellow fats on the meat. Cut them into convenient pieces. Add in salt, pepper, all spice, minced garlic with ginger, dark and light soy sauce. Mix them well . Ensure that all the chicken meats are well coated with the sauces and leave aside for later use.
- Heat up wok with butter and fry the onions until transparent.
- Put in the marinated chicken pieces and brown all over in the butter.
- Add in cloves, chunks of carrots and potatoes. Add enough water to cover up the chicken meat.
- Bring to boil, then simmer gently until chicken, carrots and potatoes are almost tender.
- Add in the French Beans and simmer again until the French Beans are cooked.
- Turn off heat when the gravy is almost dry.
- Dish out the chicken pieces and serve together with all the vegetables and thick gravy. Serve hot with white rice.
There is only one difference between a long life and a good dinner: that, in the dinner, the sweets come last.— -Robert Louis Stevenson
Do you buy organic chicken?
Tips of the Day:Buy Organic Chicken
Why Buy Organic Chicken ?
- Chicken meat may not be relatively cheap but it has been our daily food consumption for decades.
- However, chicken farming had now focused on gaining more profits and growing in demand for enormous chicken meat that they resorted to use antibiotics, growth hormones, high-energy artificial feeds on the chickens.
- These fragile chickens will gain weight, become plump at a short period of time which are highly abnormal that even lean meats have more fats than usual.
- Therefore, it is far wiser to spend more money on organic chicken meat which contains much less fats in the meat itself.
- It is safer to consume because it does not have injected chemicals, hormones and antibiotics that may harm our body system in long term run.
- Remember to remove chicken skin as most of the fat is embedded in it.
- When you buy organic chicken meat, you will consume nutrition such as protein, iron and zinc which has twice as much nutrients as red meat.
Benefits of eating Carrots
- We all know that carrots are high in Vitamin A and beta-carotene which are beneficial to our eyes.
- These nutrients help us to see better in the dark and improve our eyesight.
- Many scientific studies show that high consumption of carrots helps to reduce the chances of contracting cancer diseases and provide healthier, smooth looking skin too.
Tips Of The Day:
How to choose good carrots
- In order to choose good carrots, look for those with bright orange in color and firm to hold.
- Big carrot does not indicate that it is full of juice.
- Choose medium range carrots with root top that do not have any grown shoots.
- Avoid pale orange carrots which indicate less beta-carotene and contain less carrot juice because they are old.
Potatoes are NOT FATTENING
In most Western countries such as US and UK, almost 50% of the population consume potatoes as part of their daily meal because potatoes provide Vitamin B, Vitamin C, minerals and carbohydrate.
A lot of weight watchers misunderstood that potatoes are fattening food . This depends on how you cook them.
If you only eat potatoes as French Fries or mix boiled potatoes with cream, butter or mayonnaise, these are additional fattening ingredients which lead to unhealthy and oily food. Potatoes absorb more oil if pan fried compare to boiled method.
Remember that potatoes belong to the root vegetable family that are healthy, nutritious and delicious if you boiled, baked or roasted them with a little olive oil instead.
Healthy Recipes You May Want To Read
- Quick and Easy Easter Sunday Dinner Recipes
Pork, Chicken and Lamb Roasting Recipes for Warm Dinner, brings family together.
- Green Vegetables: Mustard Greens and Recipes
Mustard green is one of the most green leafy vegetable in Asian countries. Mustard green is cheap, easy to purchase and quick to cook at the shortest time. You can choose to stir fry with garlic and ginger, which is the common dish in Chinese familie
- LEMON CHICKEN
Do you know that lemon helps to improve and enhance the flavor of various dishes, salads and drinks? This wonderful dish brings out the lemon sweet taste in chicken.
- CHICKEN PATTIE & VEGETABLE STEW
Minced chicken and pat them into patties. Stir fry carrot and potatoes with saucy sauce make a delicious recipe for dinner.
Another well known Pan Roast Chicken Ought To Watch
|Serving size: Per Person|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Carbohydrates 9 g||3%|
|Protein 21 g||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2012 peachy