- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Healthy Guacamole Dip
Rate this snack
Healthy Guacamole Dip is great for Entertaining friends and guests for barbecues or just hungry for a snack. It''s so yummy, quick and easy, you won't need your cooking kitchen timer for this recipe. All it takes is 15 minutes to prepare and five minutes to make. Hardly any mess to clean up. The only utensils you'll need is a potato masher or fork. (Yay)
- There are many avocado variety's on the market today - choose whats in season.
- To check for a unripe avocado, hold it in your hand, squeeze if it feels like a stone it's not ripened, An over-ripe avocado will feel loose under the skin. A ripe avocado will feel the same as if you were to squeeze the palms of your hands.
- If you have a unripened place in brown paper bag and store at room temperature and wait for 2-5 days to use.
- For a previously used avocado, squeeze lemon juice over and cover with cling wrap. This will stop from turning brown and prolong it's life.
Healthy Guacamole Dip Recipe:
Healthy Guacamole Dip - Ingredients
- 3 Large avocado's, peeled remove seed
- 3 Large tomoato's, diced
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 1 Small tub sour cream
- 3 Drops Lemon juice
- 2-3 Drops Tabasco sauce, Optional
- 2 Drops Green food colouring, Optional
- Salt and pepper, Optional
- Corn chips or rice crackers to serve
- Scoop 3 large avocados into a large bowl.
- Add all ingredients: Tomoato's, red onion, sour cream, lemon juice and (optional) tabasco sauce to your tasting. Mash well with a potoato masher or a fork.
- Mash just enough to evenly distribute ingredients and break down avocado into chunky portions. For a good texture don't mash too much.
- (Optional) Sprinkle pepper and salt for seasoning, Green food colouring to stop avocado's from turning brown.
- Dish onto a seving plate add corn chips or rice crackers.
Preparation and Cook time for Healthy Guacamole Dip
Quick and Easy - Shopping List
Vegetables / Fresh Ingredients
Pantry / Sauces
Chips / Biscuits
1 Packet Corn Chips
1 Tub Sour Cream
Green Food Colouring
1 Packet Rice Crackers
3 Large Avocado's
1 Red Onion
You may also like some of my favorite (Yummy) recipes on hub pages:
Enjoy, these ones are truly the best.
- For Breakfast - The Very Best Pancakes by vespawoolf
- For Lunch - Chicken Avocado Melt by hub linker
- For Dinner - Mexican Tortilla Pizza by Kori Ellis
If you love reading and writting join, join here at hubpages. It's a rewarding experience, make new friends, create a hubby and most importantly it's free.