- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Healthy Appetizers: Bread Potato Rolls
Some Information About Bread Potato Rolls
Bread with potato filling makes a wonderful tea-time snack or an evening snack. I used other chopped vegetables to make it more healthy, keeping potato as the main ingredient. These rolls are yummy to eat with tomato sauce and green chutney. It is also a popular party appetizer.
The size of the bread rolls depend on the size of the bread slices, the bigger the slice, bigger the roll. It is an easy and simple recipe. Indulge on these rolls during week end to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 1/2 cup potato, boiled and mashed
- 6 slices bread
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 3/4 cup green peas and mixed vegetables(French beans, carrot, onion, and capsicum), optional, I used
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder
- 2 pinches garam masala powder, optional, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1 tsp oil
- 2-3 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- oil, for frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Bread Potato Rolls
- Boil potatoes, mash them.
- Chop the edges of the bread slices. Cut each slice into half. Now you get 12 bread pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Throw cumin seeds. When it pops, add green peas and finely chopped vegetables. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder, ginger, chopped coriander leaves, and minced green chili. Mix well.
- Add mashed potato. Combine properly. This is the filling for the rolls. Divide the mix into 12 equal parts. Shape them oval, arrange on a plate.
- Take one bread piece, dip one side in water. Quickly squeeze out the water, keeping it between your palms. Place a filling on the center of the slice. Fold it such a way that the moist bread makes perfect covering to the filling.
- Prepare 12 such oval bread potato rolls. Arrange them on a plate. Leave it for 5 minutes to set.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Drop these rolls into the medium hot oil. You can fry 6 rolls at a time. Don't overcrowd them. Fry them turning occasionally till they turn golden brown. Take them out and place on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the process for the remaining rolls.
- Crunchy bread potato rolls are ready to eat. Serve them hot with tomato sauce and mint-coriander chutney. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Bread Potato Rolls
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 320 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|