How to Make Bread Vegetable Rolls
Bread Vegetable Rolls Are Yummy Snacks!
Bread vegetable rolls make a wonderful tea-time snack and evening snack. I used varieties of vegetables to make it healthy and kept potato as the main ingredient. These rolls are super yummy and go well with tomato sauce and green chutney. They are popular party appetizers too.
The size of the rolls depends on the size of the bread slices; bigger the slice, bigger the roll. This is an easy recipe. Indulge in this snack during weekends to satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 1/2 cup potato, boiled and mashed
- 6 slices bread
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 3/4 cup green peas and mixed vegetables(French beans, carrot, onion, and capsicum), optional, I used
- 1/8 tsp red chili powder
- 2 pinches garam masala powder, optional, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder/dry mango powder
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1 tsp oil
- 2-3 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- oil, for frying
- Boil potatoes and mash them.
- Chop the edges of the bread slices. Cut each slice into half. You will get 12 bread pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Throw in cumin seeds. When it pops, add green peas and finely chopped vegetables. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, red chili powder, dry mango powder, garam masala powder, ginger, chopped coriander leaves, and minced green chili. Mix well.
- Add mashed potato. Combine properly. This is the filling for the rolls. Divide it in 12 equal parts. Shape them oval and arrange on a plate.
- Take one bread piece and dip one side in the water. Quickly squeeze the water, keeping it between your palms. Place a filling in the center of the slice. Fold it such a way that the moist bread makes a perfect covering to the stuffing.
- Prepare 12 such bread potato rolls. Arrange them on a plate. Leave them for 5 minutes to set.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Drop these rolls into the medium hot oil. You can fry 4-6 rolls at a time. Don't overcrowd them. Turn them occasionally till they become golden brown on all sides.
- Take them out and place on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat the process for the remaining rolls.
- Crunchy bread vegetable rolls are ready to eat. Serve them hot with tomato sauce and mint-coriander chutney. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Bread Potato Rolls
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Carbohydrates 29 g||10%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 62 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|