Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice
Vegetable Fried Rice
- Left over rice from the previous night is considered best for the preparation of fried rice. Since I did not have left over rice, I refrigerated a batch of fresh cooked rice for about 2 hours.
- Make sure each set of vegetables are cooked before adding the next set of vegetables.
- How to choose Bell Peppers Bell peppers with three lobes are considered best for cooking. The ones with four lobes are a lot sweeter and can be eaten raw.
- 2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 2 small potatos
- 1/2 a cup sweet peas
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 2 table spoons ginger
- 2 cups basmathi rice
- 2 spoons cumin seeds
- one and a half spoon ginger
- 4 green cardamom
- 7 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 9 green chili
Instructions to make a fresh batch of Basmathi Rice(should be cooked under medium heat)
- Add 3 spoons of oil . Let the oil heat up.
- Add 1 spoon of cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add bay leaves, green cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick. (After about a minute the spices give out a delicious aroma. This is when you know that the spices are done.)
- Stir fry the soaked basmathi rice for about 2 minutes
- 2 cups of Basmathi rice = 4 glasses of water.
Add 4 cups of water . Add the required amount of salt (to check if the right amount of salt has been added, taste the water. It should taste medium salty).
- Refrigerate the rice for about 2 hours.
Steps 2 and 3
Steps to make Vegetable Fried Rice (should be cooked under medium heat)
- In a wok add 4 spoons of oil. Add cumin seeds and allow them to crackle.
- Add sliced potatoes. Stir fry them continuously for 3 minutes.
- Add finely sliced carrot and cauliflower. Stir fry the contents in the wok for about 8 minutes. (you will the cauliflower is done when they turn soft.)
- Add red bell pepper, green peas, green chili and ginger.Stir fry the contents in the wok for about 10 minutes.
- Add the refrigerated basmathi rice. Stir fry the contents in the wok for about 8 minutes.
- fried rice
Fried Rice By Rhonda Parkinson, Chinese Food expert
© 2015 serenity