Healthy Vegetarian Recipes: Eggplant marinated in chermoula
Eggplant Vegetarian Recipes: Eggplant marinated in Chermoula
Ingredients needed to make marinated eggplant in chermoula
What is Chermoula?
Chermoula is a moroccan condiment that is used in the flavoring of many vegetable recipes. It can be made as a marinade, and added before or after the vegetables are cooked. It is also used as a sauce to serve with vegetables. Works great to pour on top of vegetables or anything else that you can think of that sounds yummy.
Average Preparation Time:
30 minutes and 1 hour of refrigeration before serving.
- 2 medium eggplants (aubergines)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 oz. of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup (4 fluid oz) of olive oil
- Cut eggplants into 1/2 inch thick slices and lightly sprinkle salt as desired. Set aside for 30 minutes, then rinse and pat until dry.
- Brush the slices of eggplant generously with olive oil and cook under a preheated grill until they are golden brown in color. Both sides must be golden brown in color.
- To make the Eggplant Chermoula: Combine all the ingredients, add the eggplant and toss around. Cover and Refrigerate the tossed food for 1 hour and then serve at room temperature.
More Vegetarian Recipes for a healthy lifestyle
- Vegetarian Cooking Made Easy and the vegetarian lifestyle
discover vegetarian health benefits, vegetarian living, vegetarian cooking, meatfree diet