Healthy Yummy Blueberry Milkshake
Having children I understand how important it is to set a good example for them, which is why I love making these healthy yummy blueberry milkshakes for them. It is very important to make nutritional and healthy food choices for your children.
I love using fresh, natural ingredients such as fruit, yogurt, sweetened grains, and low fat milk in my milkshakes. One of my favorite fruits to use are blueberries, not only are they small, which makes them blend so much smoother in my blender, but they are also very high in antioxidants, and other vitamins as well.
Blueberries are considered to be one of Mother-natures little secret weapons, when it comes to helping our body's fend off sickness and certain diseases. They are full Vitamins K, and C, these vitamins help build-up your immune system. Blueberries are also high in fiber and manganese which both help work together to keep your digestive system healthy and working properly.
Blueberries do have a tendency to be a little tart sometimes, so I usually add a little splenda or stevia to my berries so it makes them taste sweeter. My kids love my blueberry milkshakes, I try to make this healthy frozen treat for them at least once a month or so.
1. 2 Cups of low fat frozen vanilla yogurt, any brand will do.
2.1 Cup of fresh or frozen blueberries, either one will do just fine.
3. ¼ Cup of splenda sugar or stevia which is also a diabetic sugar.
4. ½ Cup of low fat milk, you can use coconut milk as well.
5. ¼ to ½ Cup of crushed ice.
6. 1 Working blender, because it has to work to blend, lol.
7. 4 Tall milkshake glasses, a regular glass works fine as well.
8. 1 Cup of natural granola.
9. 1 Tsp. of vanilla flavoring for a little extra robust vanilla flavor.
1. Pour your milk into your blender first, so you have some moisture to help blend your ice.
2. Add your crushed ice, and blend your milk and you ice together.
3. Pour your blueberries into the blender and blend them into your milk and ice mixture.
4. Now add your your frozen yogurt to the blended mix.
5. Then add your vanilla flavoring.
6. Place the lid onto your blender and finish blending until everything is well blended.
7. Once they are finished pour them into the milkshake glasses.
8. Add ¼ of the granola to the top of all four of your milkshakes as the topping and viola.
Always remember to make eating healthy appealing to kids by making it fun and easy. If you teach them healthy eating habits when they are smaller it will stick with them for the rest of their lives. I really enjoy making these, and they not only taste and smell good but are super healthy and low in fat and calories as well.