Healthy recipes: a delicious dish of lentils with tender wheat, perfect for a vegetarian diet
This recipe is ideal for vegans or for those who want to follow a healthy diet and life style.
This is a complete recipe, because it provides all the essential amino acids. It is because the lentils, as legumes, contain the lysine missing in wheat, and this last one, as a cereal, contains the methionine missing in lentils, which all together provides a complete protein. But apart from the proteins it also provides all the benefits from the carrot, garlic and cucumber that you'll find in this recipe.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- Extra virgin olive oil, (just a few drops to saute the vegetables)
- 1/2 cup Tender wheat, (it depends of how many carbohydrates you want)
- 1 cup Lentils, (the same with the wheat)
- 2 Garlics
- 1 and a half Cucumbers
- 3 Carrots
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the wheat in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Boil also the lentils (in case you use dried lentils). I had some cooked from another recipe, so I had them already cooked.
- Cut all the veggies into little cubes.
- In a pan over medium heat, put a few drops of olive oil with all the veggies and saute them until golden.
- Once you have the wheat and the lentils cooked, throw them into the pan with the rest of the veggies for 1 minute aprox.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
Did you liked this recipe?
© 2013 Katia De Juan