Healthy Cooking - Pancakes With Orange Sauce
This meal is easy to cook, healthy, enjoyable, and relaxing all at the same time. Don't forget delicious! Once you try eating some of these delicious fruit covered pancakes you'll want to have these every morning! These are so healthy for you they only have 233 calories! That means in order to get your daily recommended calories you would have to eat about 8-10 of them!
Spray a cold griddle or heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating; heat over medium heat till drops of water dance across the surface of the griddle or skilled. Cook pancakes till golden brown, turning to cook second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and slightly dry edges.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flower
- 1/4 cup all purpose flower
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- non stick spray coating
- orange sauce
- Combine flours, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Combine milk, honey, and oil; add to dry ingredients. Stir just till moistened. Fold in egg whites.
- Spray a cold griddle with nonstick spray coating. For each pancake pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook til brown, turning when pancakes have bubbly surfaces. Serve with orange sauce. Serves 4.
- How to make orange sauce: Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch. Stir in 3/4 cup water and 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Stir in one 11 ounce can mandarin orange sections, drained, and 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts. Keep warm.
233 calories, 8 g protein, 47 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 1 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 352 mg potassium
Thanks for reading and good luck on your taste filled adventure!