Heart Shaped Egg Toast
Best Breakfast: Heart Shaped Egg Toast
"I never had a piece of toast
Particulary long and wide,
But fell upon the sanded floor,
And always on the buttered side."— James Payn, English novelist
Recently, I had been hunting for "Heart Shaped" food for Mother's Day gift idea and I was amazed that there are tons of websites recommending "Heart Shaped Egg Toast" which are almost the same method of cooking the recipe.
I must admit that Heart Shaped Egg Toast was a brilliant breakfast recipe for Mother's Day or Valentine's Day, to show how much your love for your mom, spouse or love one on this special occasion.
I love the unique creation of using heart shaped cookie cutter to stamp out the heart in the middle of the bread and placing a sunny side up egg in the hole was PERFECT!
Now, what better way to celebrate Mother's day or Valentine's Day with a 10 minute breakfast??
Do you prefer to.....
Egg toast not Butter Toast
If you surf through the Internet, you may noticed that most website uses BUTTER to spread on the bread before toasting in the frying pan. This is the traditional way to toast the bread but I wanted my bread to be different, dipped into beaten egg yolk to make it "Egg Bread" instead.
Egg bread is a mixture of egg with bread that makes your breakfast much fuller than plain butter toast. I could eat 2 slices of butter toast to replace an Egg Bread!
Furthermore, I could use up the remainder beaten eggs dish up shredded eggs as the side dish.
I am gluten Free!
If you are a gluten free consumer, you can buy gluten free bread or handmade your own gluten free bread using your own bread machine.
There are tons of gluten free bread recipes that you can find at Googles!
I was sick and tired of having frying an egg that gets stuck to the base of a wok. Hence, I bought Roichen frying pan after watching the videos recommending this Roichen pan at Youtube.
I was amazed that regardless of food that you fry with this non stick frying pan, you can clean it easily without scrubbing the pan. I bought it and tested it out.
I was happy and delighted after experimenting by adding a little oil, swirl the pan around so that the oil is covered over the base and cracked in an egg.
Amazing! The egg didn't get stuck to the base and it slip off from the pan easily to the plate after I had cooked it!
Washing was easy. No scrubbing. Just rinse off with water, use the sponge dipped in with a little washing liquid and brush the base lightly.
Awesome frying pan that you MUST buy!!
Buy Roichen Casserole Pot
How to make Heart Shaped Egg Toast
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: 1 person per slice of bread
- 1slice of white / wholemeal bread
- 1 egg- beaten
- 1 egg for the heart
- Some butter
- A non-stick frying pan
- Love shaped cookie cutter or a small knife
If you are preparing breakfast for more people,
simply add in more bread and eggs.
Remember, an egg for a slice of bread per person.
If a set of Heart Shaped Egg toast isn't enough, add in scrambled eggs and mashed potato with toasted ham.
Oh yes, don't forget your love one's favorite hot beverage a cup of tea or coffee to enjoy a blissful heart warming breakfast!
How many breads
Step 1: Carve out the heart
Carve out the heart
- If you have a heart shape cookie cutter, large enough to cover up the centre of the bread, stamp out the heart shape in the middle of a slice of bread.
- Alternatively, you can use a small knife to cut out the shape of a heart by dotting the heart shape with the tip of the knife. Becareful not to cut your fingers.
- Another method is fold the bread into half, horizontally and then cut out the half heart shape. When you unfold the bread, it will turn out the shape of a heart.
I like to make heart shaped cookies and bread for my kids
Finding a suitable heart shape for all occasion wasn't easy. so I end up craving out the heart shape with a small knife.
Today, I stumbled upon this 5 piece set of heart shape cookie cutter and bought them online since they are cheap and comes in 5 different heart sizes .
I received my order in a couple of days, pretty fast. You must wash the cookie cutters before use and wipe them dry. I like the biggest heart cookie cutter, stamp them out for my egg bread. My kids loved the heart shaped egg bread.
Definitely worth the budget and quality wise, SATISFIED!
Buy Heart Cookie Cutter
Step 2: Show me your heart!
- Remove the heart shape from the bread.
- Crack an egg into a bowl, add in a little salt and pepper to taste and beat well.
Step 3: Dip into the eggs
- Dip in the bread with the heart hole into the beaten egg.
- Make sure both sides of the bread are well coated with eggs.
Step 4: Toss in the butter
- Place a little butter on a non-stick frying pan, swirl the pan so that the melted butter is spread out.
- Put in the coated bread and let it fry for a few minutes.
- It should turned brownish in color.
- A little charred doesn’t matter.
Ste 5: Break in the egg
- Flip over the other side of the bread.
- Crack an egg in a small bowl.
- Slowly, fill in the egg into the heart shaped hole.
- Make sure the egg yolk is not broken.
- The egg yolk should settle just in the middle of the egg whites.If there is excess egg whites, leave aside.
- Do not overfill the hole.
- If you desire, sprinkle a little pepper or chopped parsley over the egg.
Step 6: Flip the bread over
- Use a wooden spatula to turn the heart shaped bread over.
- This is to ensure the egg yolk side is cooked too.
- It may take a few minutes, just remember to check so that it doesn't burn the egg yolk.
Step 7: Dip the heart
- As for the inner heart shaped bread ( left over earlier ), dip it into the remainder beaten.
- Coat both sides of the heart bread and fry it until both sides are lightly brown in color.
- Remove it.
- Serve hot with your mom’s favorite cup of tea or coffee for breakfast.
Lovely Heart Shaped Egg Toast
- 5 DIY Handmade Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Are you searching for easy to make Mother's Day gift ideas? In this article, I have selected 5 easy handmade Mother's Day gift ideas which are creative and easy to make gifts from recycle items.
- Kids Craft: Mother's Day Paper Handbag
Make a simple paper handbag for your mom on this Mother's Day or Earth Day. It uses recycle papers, magazines and marker pens. A craft for kids to learn how to recycle and reuse. One of a kind handbag
- Unique Gifts: How to make Easy Paper Rose Flower
Make this year Mother's Day a special day by making your own handmade gifts for your mom. Handmade Paper Rose Flower is easy and can last all year. It is inexpensive and lovely too.
© 2015 peachy