Potato, Bacon & Cheese Soup
Warm, comforting and healthy - well, mostly! Its the perfect dish for a cold, lazy day!
- 12 Potatoes, Peeled and chopped
- 2 200g Packs of Bacon, lean shoulder works best
- 200g Baby Marrows, Sliced or Grated
- 200g Cheese, Low Fat Edam or Gouda
- 1 Onion, Medium Chopped
- 2litres Water
- 1 T-spoon Salt
- 1 T-spoon White pepper
- 1 T-Spoon paprika
Smash it all together!
- Add some oil to the bottom of a deep pot, add chopped bacon and onion and fry till onions are sauteed.
- Add all the chopped ingredients (except the cheese) and the water, to the pot and set to boil.
- Once the ingredients are on the boil, lower the heat slightly to a constant simmer for about 20 minutes or until all the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from heat and add half the cheese
- Use a hand blender and blend the soup to a thick, creamy texture,
- dish up and add a little grated cheese to each bowl as garnish
What it'll cost your hips...
|Serving size: 1 Bowl|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Carbohydrates 70 g||23%|
|Sugar 7 g|
|Fiber 11 g||44%|
|Protein 16 g||32%|
|Cholesterol 30 mg||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|