- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Vegetable Main & Side Dish Recipes
Herby Stuffed Roasted Courgettes
Courgettes are inexpensive and plentiful make the most of them with this easy vegetarian roast
- 6 courgettes
- 4 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 100g mild Cheddar, grated
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6. Cook the courgettes whole in a large pan of boiling water for 5 mins. Drain then leave to cool slightly. Halve the cooked courgettes lengthways and scoop out the flesh. Set aside the hollowed-out halves and roughly chop the cooked flesh.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the chopped courgette flesh and garlic, and cook for about 5 mins. until golden. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and mix in the grated carrot, breadcrumbs. raisins, beaten eggs, basil, thyme and most of the grated Cheddar.
- Arrange the courgettes, side by side, in two large baking dishes. Spoon the courgette mixture back into the hollowed-out courgette halves and scatter the reserved grated Cheddar over the top. Roast in the oven for 20 mins. until the tops are a lovely golden brown.
343 cals, 17.6g fat, 7.1g sat fat, 17.7g sugars. 0.80g salt
For this recipe, choose firm and heavy courgettes with glossy skins. For an extra flavour boost, you could add in a handful of toasted pine nuts to the stuffmg mixture, and top with a mature Cheddar.