- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Holiday Cranberry - Pork Roast Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
This Pork Roast Recipe provides an alternative to the traditional Ham that many serve along side their turkey on Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. This is one from “The Cupboard Drawer” and is a tried and true favorite. It was originally written down by my Grandmother Ada Smith in the 1950’s but I would suspect goes farther back than that. As an update if you have a favorite rub mix do not be afraid to substitute it for the basic Salt and Pepper combo mentioned, there are many on the market and which ever way you go, Do Enjoy…
4-6 Lb Pork Roast, Boneless and Tied
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1 can (16oz) Whole Sweetened Cranberries
¼ Cup Onion Chopped
¾ Cup Orange Juice
¼ tsp ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp ground Ginger
Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees
- Rub the roast with salt and pepper to taste, (or use one of the Alternatives mentioned above), place on a rack in a roasting pan. Cook in 325 degree oven for 2 ½ - 31/2 hours depending on weight, Use a meat thermometer and make sure the internal temp reaches 175 degrees (F) for 3 mins.
- While the meat is roasting, in a saucepan over medium high heat, combine all remaining ingredients stirring occasionally. Bring the mixture to a boil and remove from heat.
- At about halfway through the roasting time, baste the meat every 15 minutes or so with the cranberry mixture.
- When done in the oven, remove and serve sliced with the remaining cranberry mixture on the side.
Yield 6 -8 Servings
Note: I also like to add a dollop of Karo corn syrup to the mix, it adds a glazier glaze to the roast, that triggers a couple extra drops to the mouthwatering goodness when you place it on the table.