- Food and Cooking
This delicious recipe is for a sweet version of coleslaw. If you have ever eaten at a famous Dave's restaurant you'll find it is similar to their coleslaw. Did you know that one pound of cabbage is about 4 to 5 cups of raw shredded cabbage?
Cabbage Nutrition Facts:
- 1 cup, shredded
- 20 Calories
- 4g Carbohydrates
- 2g Fiber
- 1g Protein
Cabbage is low in saturated fat and cholesterol. It is also a good source of protein, Thiamin, Calcium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese.
Homemade Coleslaw Ingredients
- 10 cups Shredded cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded carrot
- 2 cups Miracle Whip or Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon White Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons White prepared horseradish
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: In a smaller bowl combine the Miracle Whip, vinegar, sugar, horseradish, white pepper, salt, garlic powder and celery seeds.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage and carrots. Mix well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Four Additional Uses for Coleslaw in a Bag
1. Use the coleslaw mix in the diet soup recipe for cabbage soup.
2. Add the mix to your next stir-fry dinner.
3. Include the coleslaw cabbage in your chicken salad recipe.
4. Make Moo Shu Chicken: In a large non stick pan cook: 8 cups coleslaw mix, 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, and 4 sliced green onions for about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups cooked shredded chicken. Serve with flour tortillas.
Coleslaw makes a great topping for bbq chicken sandwiches and hamburgers!
Miracle Whip or Mayo?
What's your preference, Mayo or Miracle Whip?
© 2012 MomsTreasureChest