- Food and Cooking
Homemade Coleslaw Ingredients
- 10 cups Shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup Shredded carrot
- 2 cups Miracle Whip or Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Celery Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon White Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons White prepared horseradish
Directions for Homemade ColeSlaw
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: In a smaller bowl combine the Miracle Whip, sugar, horseradish, dry mustard, white pepper, salt, garlic power and celery seeds.
- Add the dressing to the cabbage and carrots. Mix well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
Four Additional Uses for Coleslaw in a Bag
1. Use the coleslaw mix in the diet soup recipe for cabbage soup.
2. Add the mix to your next stir-fry dinner.
3. Include the coleslaw cabbage in your chicken salad recipe.
4. Make Moo Shu Chicken: In a large non stick pan cook 8 cups coleslaw mix, 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, and 4 green onions sliced for about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 cups cooked shredded chicken. Serve with flour tortillas.
Coleslaw makes a great topping for bbq chicken sandwiches and hamburgers!