- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Homemade Bleu Cheese Salad Dressing
Bleu Cheese Dressing
An American Classic
Bleu cheese dressing was created by a chef at Litehouse restaurant over 50 years ago. It was created by Chef Ed Hawkins. The restaurant then begin selling it to patrons who brought their own jars to take some home with them. It was made with buttermilk, Idaho bleu cheese, and mayonnaise. The Litehouse company still sells this dressing among others today in the refrigerated section of grocery stores. Today bleu cheese dressing is used not only on salads, but also to dip chicken tenders and crudites into. This recipe is a homemade version that is quite tasty.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, course ground
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- In a medium mixer bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Cover with a lid and put in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve over a lettuce wedge with diced tomatoes and bleu cheese crumbles. Enjoy!