- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
If you miss Grandma's homemade cheesy macaroni this recipe is for you.
1- box of macaroni
1- large box of Velveeta cheese (Light or regular)
2% Milk (do not use fat free milk it will not bake properly)
1- teaspoon of pepper
1- box of Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs (the whole container will not be use but the rest can be saved for another batch of macaroni on a different night)
1- large size casserole dish
1- large cookie sheet for underneath the casserole dish during baking.
- Boil macaroni to desired softness
- Drain the macaroni
- Take casserole dish and spoon 6-8 teaspoons on the bottom of the pan. Spreading the butter evenly across the entire bottom of the pan
- Place a thin layer of macaroni on top of the teaspoons of butter
- Place a layer of sliced Velveeta cheese (1/4 inch-1/2 thick) covering the layer of macaroni
- Continue with steps 3-5 until all of the macaroni has been used
- Set oven to bake at 350 degrees
In a Separate Bowl
- Place one egg, half of cup of milk, and teaspoon of pepper
- Mix with fork
Casserole Dish w/ layers of butter, macaroni, and Velveeta cheese.
- Pour contents from the bowl (egg, milk, and pepper) over the layers of the macaroni and cheese
- Pour additional milk into the casserole dish high enough to cover all macaroni layers
- Sprinkle desired amount of breadcrumbs over the entire top of the macaroni
- Cover you casserole dish with lid or tin foil.
- Place the casserole dish on top of the cookie sheet because the macaroni may boil over.
- Bake for 1 hour