Homemade Pumpkin Rolls
In Jamestown Tennessee, there are people from all walks of life. These people touch your heart and help you when you need it. I have known Mrs. Blevins since I was a child starting school. What started out as your normal cook at the school and a child thankful to get through the school year spun into something much more for my family, although I am no longer in school and she is now retired. This recipe is hers and some of the photos capture this wonderful lady at work. We are very thankful to wonderful people such as Mrs. Blevins for allowing us to capture their hands at work, share their recipes, and most of all their wonderful personality. They are wonderful assets to the community.
Ingredients for Roll
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin, Cooked
- 1 cup Flour, Plain
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Nuts, Crushed (optional)
- Beat 3 eggs for 5 minutes
- Blend in 1 cup of Sugar (a little at a time).
- Add 1 cup of Cooked pumpkin
- Stir until thoroughly blended
- In another bowl, sift together 1 cup plain flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture, and stir until well blended.
- Pour Mixture into greased pan that has been lined with wax paper (use cooking spray over wax paper also)
- Sprinkle with nuts (optional) and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Loosen and turn out on a clean tea towel
- Remove wax paper from bread
- Roll up with the tea towel and let set until roll is cool
- Unroll and spread with cream cheese filling
- Roll back up using tea towel and dust with powdered sugar.
- Once you have the roll, rolled up, place on sheet of wax paper and roll wax paper around roll.
- At this point you can decide to freeze your roll for later down the road or chill to use in a few minutes. To chill just place your roll (already rolled with wax paper) in the refrigerator. To freeze roll the outer layer in aluminum foil. This would be around the already existing wax paper protector.
Cream Cheese Filling
1 cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tablespoon Soft Margarine
1 8oz. package of Cream Cheese
1 Teaspoon Vanilla.
Blend all ingredients together and stir until soft enough to spread.