- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Make Your Own Soft Caramels
I didn't think that I could make caramels at home. I thought that caramels were something that I would always have to buy at the store.
Just before Christmas, for the first time, I tried making caramels. . They were a lot easier to make than I thought they would be. With just a few simple ingredients, I was able to make soft chewy caramels that were a hit with my family.
Assemble the Ingredients
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk, (such as Eagle Brand)
- 1 cup butter
Instructions for Making Homemade Soft Caramels
- Combine corn syrup, brown sugar, milk and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 20 Minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour into buttered 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Homemade Soft Caramels Are Not just for the Holiday Season
I am not waiting until the next holiday season to make caramels at home! They are just too good.
Since caramels are my daughter's favorite candy, you can bet that we will be making them more often at our house. In the future. I plan to keep the ingredients in my pantry for the next time my daughter is craving freshly made caramel.
Please Rate This Recipe for Homemade Soft Caramels
© 2013 Donna Brown