- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Homemade Taco Pizza
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 45 min
Yields: Serves about 4
- 1 pizza crust
- package beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- butter, for sauteing onion
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- cheddar chese
- black olives, sliced (optional)
- lettuce, chopped (also optional)
- tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven that pizza crust directions instruct.
- Add refried beans into pot and put on medium heat. Add cheese and salsa. Mix well and let it cook.
- Dice onion and place into frying pan with butter, medium heat. This is to begin sauteing in preparation for ground beef.
- Chop lettuce, olives, and tomato. These are your optional toppings for the pizza. Place in fridge.
- Roll pizza crust onto baking sheet.
- Add ground beef to frying pan and cook until brown. Drain excess grease. Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Spread refried beans onto unbaked pizza crust. Spread evenly.
- Add ground beef to layer of refried beans. Spread evenly.
- Add shredded cheese to layer of ground beef. Place into oven and bake for recommended amount of time, usually about 12-15 minutes or until crust is cooked thoroughly.
- Add lettuce, tomato, and olive toppings. More cheese can be added if desired. Hot sauce is a great topping as well.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy!