- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Dieting Delicious, Cheat Day: How to Make Homemade Truffle French Fries
Truffle Fries Are Delicious, And Cheaper Homemade
Truffle and fries! Yum! I love add truffle salt and oil to dishes to make new flavorful combinations. These truffle fries are addictive and surprisingly crunchy! The longer you cook them the crunchier they become. The parchment paper helps too.
Another added bonus; it's way cheaper to make your own fries. You can buy a bag of organic red potatoes for $5.99-$6.99 at the store. It only takes A potato or two out of the giant bag for a hearty serving of fries. Organic french fries from the freezer section in the grocery store are anywhere from $3.99-$5.99 a bag. You can get so many more servings of fries for way cheaper by making your own!
Truffle Salt I use-10% Truffle
- 3-4 large potatoes, I use red potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp truffle oil
- 1-2 tsp truffle salt
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Peel Potatoes, and slice into the shape of fries. The thicker you make them them the longer they will take to cook. If too thin, they will burn.
- Soak in water for 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Add potatoes to a bowl with truffle oil, 1 tsp truffle salt, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Place parchment paper on a cooking pan. Spread the fries on the parchment paper. Be careful not to overlap the fries so they cook evenly.
- Cook fries in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Cooking time can vary depending on the size of your fries.
- Remove fries from the oven and add additional truffle salt to top. Serve and enjoy!
© 2016 Healthy Habits