- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Homemade Pizza Recipes You'll Love
We all love a delicious slice of pizza once in a while, but we don't always want to go out for a slice. Yes, we can order out but doing so we don't always get what we expect. And the pizza is probably cold by the time it gets to our door.
Now you can enjoy a slice of pizza straight from the oven without leaving home. All you have to do is make your own pizza.
You may think that making pizza yourself is a very complicated and time consuming process. You may think you have to slave for many hours in the kitchen making your own pizza dough. That is actually not the case.
Making pizza is easy and it's not that time consuming at all. You don't have to waste precious time making your own pizza dough. Your local supermarket sells already made pizza dough so all you have to do is go out and buy it and then when you get home roll it to the desired shape - rectangular, round, etc. - and you are done. Your dough is ready to be cooked and turned into a delicious pizza.
If you want to try making your own homemade pizza here are some homemade pizza recipes you are sure to love. Happy cooking and happy eating!
Homemade Pizza Ingredients
- Pizza Dough
- Hunts Tomato Paste
- Crimini Mushrooms
- Marinated Artichokes
- Apple Smoked Bacon
- Mixed Olives
- Shredded Cheese Mix, Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Parmesan
Homemade Pizza Instructions
- Take the frozen pizza dough that you can buy at any supermarket and let it defrost. Then remove it from the packaging and divide it in half. Take a big cutting board and spread lightly with flour so the dough doesn't stick to the cutting board when shaping it. Take a rolling pin or a pizza roller and roll it back and forth against the dough to shape it to the desired form. I prefer it rectangular and thin but you can make it any shape and thickness you want. Thinner pizza tastes better though because you don't taste too much dough and get to savor the actual ingredients. When you are done shaping your dough lightly sprinkle the aluminum cooking tray with flour, remove the dough from the cutting board and place it inside the tray.
- Turn on the oven to 400 degrees and once it finishes pre-heating put the tray with the dough inside and let it cook for 10 minutes. When the time is up remove the tray. Keep the oven on as you will use it shortly to cook the pizza.
- Wash a handful of Crimini mushrooms, pat dry with a paper towel, cut into thin slices and set aside. Then take a desired amount of marinated artichokes, cut into small pieces and set aside as well.
- Take a mix of olives and cut them into round slices. It is better to take fresh olives than those from a can as they taste better. If the olives have pits inside them then cut around the pit with a sharp knife. You can also remove the pit, if you have the pit remover utensil, before cutting the olives.
- Take three thick strips of apple smoked bacon and cut them vertically into thin strips. Fry in a skillet for about four minutes and set aside.
- Take four different cheeses (Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Parmesan) and shred using either a manual shredder or a food processor. You can also use shredded cheese that is sold at a supermarket. This will save you time but not all four of these cheeses may come shredded so you may still need to shred some of them.
- Open a small can of Hunts tomato paste, remove it into a bowl, add a little bit of water, and stir making sure the tomato paste is still thick enough. You don't want it to be very liquid. Spread half of the tomato paste onto the pizza dough, either using a spoon or a basting brush, so every bit of the dough is covered. You can use more tomato paste if you prefer. Then add the mushrooms, the olives, the marinated artichokes, and the apple smoked bacon. Finally sprinkle with the shredded cheeses, making sure that every bit of the pizza is covered with cheese. Once done, place the tray into the oven and cook for about fourteen minutes. Keep an eye on the pizza to make sure the dough doesn't get burned. When done, turn off the oven and remove the pizza. Cut into rectangular slices, sprinkle with dried basil or herbs of your choice and enjoy!
Other Homemade Pizza Recipes
Here are some other great tasting pizza recipes you can try. Prepare them in a similar fashion to the pizza recipe above, just using the following ingredients.
(1) Ricotta cheese (instead of tomato paste), cauliflower, sweet onions, shredded Mozzarella cheese on top. You can also use a medley of shredded cheeses if you prefer.
(2) Slices of ham, onions and pineapple with tomato paste and dried basil.
(3) Tomato paste, fresh ripened tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella, fresh basil and pesto sauce.
(4) Tomato paste, slices of sweet Italian sausages, Crimini mushrooms (sliced), onions and Cheddar cheese.
(5) Chunks of Red Pack Plum Tomatoes Italian Style, scallions, slices of chicken breast and Parmesan cheese.
(6) Tomato paste, red onions, zucchini, apple smoked bacon topped with shredded cheeses - Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Cheddar (or any other cheeses of your choice). Sprinkled with dried basil.
(7) Tomato paste, red onions, crimini mushrooms, apple smoked bacon topped with shredded cheeses - Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Parmesan. Sprinkled with dried basil.
Do you have other great ingredient combinations you love on your pizzza? Please share them in the comments below.
Check out my culinary blog...
- Lena's Culinary Delights
Delicious and healthy recipes, cooking tips, international cuisine, restaurants and restaurant reviews, and anything related to food and the culinary arts...