- Food and Cooking
Hot and Spicy Bedtime Smoothie
Hot and Spicy apple
mmm... what more can I add. This delicious smoothie is the perfect way to relax before bed.
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 50g/2 oz cup of raisins
- 2tbsp rolled oats
- quarter tsp each ground cardomon,cinamon,nutmeg
- nutmeg, to serve
- Place the apples, raisins, oats and 350ml/12 floz of water into a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the spices.
- Let cool slightly, then carefully pour into a blender and blend at a low speed until smooth.
- Pour into heatproof cups and sprinkle a little nutmeg over each drink before serving.
These smoothies can also be served chilled. Simply chill before serving.