- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Chocolate Desserts
Hot chocolate & cocoa fondant cakes recipe
Hot chocolate fondant cakes
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 12 min
Ready in: 27 min
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2oz caster sugar
- 1 3/4oz unsalted butter
- 1 3/4oz flour
- 2oz dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Tia Maria or cinnamon liquor
- powdered sugar or icing sugar, for topping
- Butter the ramekin dishes (around 7" to 7.5" in diameter) and preheat the oven to 160C.
- Dust the ramekin dishes with cocoa.
- In a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, melt the chocolate and butter. Then, take off the heat to cool, still stirring until the mixture is smooth. Leave to cool for around 10 minutes.
- Whisk the egg, single yolk and sugar together until thick and pale, and then fold in the melted chocolate/butter mixture.
- Fold in the liqueur, and then the flour (sifted).
- Pour the mixture into the four ramekin dishes.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Once done, turn out onto pre-warmed dishes (if you wish) and dust with icing sugar.