- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How To Cook Chicken Biryani
Hello everyone! I want to share the chicken biryani my husband favorite dish. I learned this recipe from our family friend in Kuwait.
Preparation in cooking:
1 kg Chicken (cut into pieces)
500 gm Basmati Rice (washed and soaked for 30 minutes)
Whole Garam Masala (1/2 stick cinnamon, 2 bay leaves, 1 teaspoon black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon cloves, 1/2 teaspoon cardamons, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon cumin
4 teaspoon garam masala powder
50 gm butter
4 teaspoon Garlic (chopped)
1 cup Onions (sliced)
4 teaspoon ginger (chopped)
3 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
1 tablespoon Coriander Powder
5 tablespoon Oil
2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 cups Curd (yogurt)
3/4 cup Tomato (chopped)
4 Bay Leaves
For the marinade:
1 1/2 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
2 teaspoon Finger (chopped)
2 teaspoon Garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 cup Yoghurt
salt to taste
1/2 gm Saffron (dissolved in 1/2 cup milk)
2 tablespoon Rose Water
- Put all the ingredients of the marinade in a bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces to it and leave for an hour.
- Now boil water, add 1/2 of the whole garam masala, bay leaf, and rice in it.
- Cook the rice until 3/4 is done, drain and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and add remaining whole garam masala.
- Allow it to crackle, add sliced onions and saute it till golden brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the remaining garam masala and all the remaining ingredients, including tomatoes, but excluding rice.
- Cook for 5 minutes, combine marinated chicken with it.
- Cook the chicken until is tender.
- Place alternate layers of chicken and rice.
- Now sprinkle saffron, remaining garam masala powder and butter in between the layers and on the top.
- Carefully end it with the rice layer topped with saffron and rose water.
- Cover and seal it with aluminum foil.
- Cook it further on low flame for 10-12 minutes
- Chicken Biryani is ready to serve.