How To Cook Pansit Malabon The Easy Way
Learn how to cook Pancit Malabon for family and friends. Pansit Malabon is a kind of dish that is made of palabok noodles. It originated from Malabon, a city in the northern part of Metro Manila in the Philippines.
Here 's an easy Pancit Malabon recipe:
- 1 kilo palabok noodles, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup garlic
- 1/4 cup pork fat
- 1/4 cup pig's neck, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup achuete for coloring, from 100 g achuete water
- 1/4 kilo ground pork
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup pechay leaves
- 200 g tinapa flakes (optional)
- 200 g chicharon, pounded
Ingredients for the Garnish:
Shrimps, boiled, peeled and sliced into half
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add one cup of the pounded garlic, brown the garlic, strain and set it aside.
- On the same pan, cook pork fat and pig's neck until crispy and golden brown then remove from pan.
- Add ground pork and achuete water to the oil in the pan then cook until the pork is done.
- Cook the noodles al dente
- In another pan, fry tinapa flakes until cooked. Add pounded chicharon and toast until cooked.
How to cook pansit malabon
Garnishing and Preparing the Noodles
1. In a large bowl, put the palabok noodles, then add 1/2 cup ground fried garlic. Add the green onions, sliced pechay leaves, oil then mix well.
2. Add the tinapa and chicharon.
3. Add black pepper to taste.
4. Serve the noodles in a platter garnished with boiled eggs shrimps, fried pork and ground pork.
5. Your Pansit Malabon is now ready for your friends and family to enjoy in any special occasion.
© 2012 Zee Mercado