How To Freeze Fresh Whole Tomatoes
Simple Way To Freeze Your Surplus Tomatoes
Once you ever freeze whole tomatoes and use them in your recipes next winter you'll catch yourself the next year freezing every tomato you can find. Just follow the below steps to have delicious frozen tomatoes every time.
1. You want to wash and dry your tomatoes thoroughly.
2. Don't freeze tomatoes with bruises or other imperfections. They should be firm to the touch with out any cracks or other damage.
3. Core your tomatoes. You don't have to core them but if you do you'll end up with a much better product in the end.
4. Place your tomatoes on cookie sheets with out the tomatoes touching and freeze until hard in your freezer. Once they are frozen hard you can stack them in a plastic box with lid so you can store them in the bottom of the freezer for when you need them next winter.
5. Yes it really is that simple and your tomatoes will keep just fine until you get ready to use them.
When you are ready to use your tomatoes you don't have to thaw them out just put on a pot of water and bring to a boil Once you dip the tomatoes into the boiling water the skins will slip right off and you can then use your tomatoes any way you like.
Your frozen tomatoes will work best in soups, sauces, and cooked dishes as frozen tomatoes do get mushy when thawed.
Frozen Tomatoes will keep for up to one year when frozen in your freezer. Always remember to date and label anything you freeze in your freezer. And always remember to use only fresh healthy tomatoes for freezing. The tomatoes you process and freeze should be firm to the touch with no visible cracks or damage on the tomatoes you are using.
How To Make And Freeze Tomato Sauce
You can make your own delicious tomato sauce and it really isn't that hard. And the fresh tomato sauce you make will be oh so delicious and good for you.
1. You want to prepare a pot of boiling water and you want to drop in about 6 ripe tomatoes at a time. Leave them until the skins wrinkle and start to slip which will take only 10-20 seconds in boiling water. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a bowl and then to a colander and set it in the sink. Run cold water over the tomatoes and remove the skins. Repeat this process until you have removed the skin from all your tomatoes. Use a sharp knife and remove the cores from all your tomatoes.
2. Use a blender to process your peeled and cored tomatoes with. Blend them until you have a juice.
3. I use pint and quart freezer bags to hold my tomato sauce in and freeze it. This way if I need a small amount of tomato sauce I have it or if I need a lot I have it.
Delicious Homemade Marinara Sauce.
This is a great recipe and it will make a rich delicious marinara sauce that will taste so delicious on home cooked pasta. And its so really good for you. I label my marinara sauce marinara sauce so I can easily find it in the freezer.
1. One Gallon Homemade Tomato Sauce.
2. One Cup Sweet Onions Run Through The Food Processor.
3. One Cup Bell Peppers Run Through The Food Processor.
4. One Cup Button Mushrooms Run Through The Food Processor.
5. One Cup Fresh Purple Basil Run Through The Food Processor.
6. One Fourth Cup Fresh Minced Garlic.
7. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
8. One Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
9. One Level Teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
I don't cook my Marinara Sauce at this point but I mix it well and freeze it in quart freezer bags that I label Marinara Sauce. This way if I need Marinara Sauce I can pull out a bag and heat it up. I can also go from here and make either a regular meat sauce by cooking off one pound of hamburger, draining it well and adding it to the sauce to make a regular meat sauce or I can cook a pound of ground beef and a pound of ground Italian Sausage and make a deluxe meat sauce. Either way it's a far superior sauce to what you will buy in the grocery store. I often make and freeze meat sauce so I can thaw it out and have a meal in a hurry.
I just love making my own sauces this way and people are always amazed and pleased that they are homemade sauces. You can jazz up a marinara sauce by adding a half cup each of bell peppers, onions, and button mushrooms and a half cup of red wine and cook it until the vegetables are done. You'll have one of the best sauces you have ever tasted and you'll have people begging you for the recipe. If I really want to impress I turn it into a meat sauce by adding a pound of well drained and cooked hamburger meat and a pound of Italian Sausage links cut into very small pieces. People love it this way and it really does make one of the most delicious meat sauces you will ever taste. All you need is cooked pasta to put the sauce over, a garden salad and garlic bread and you have one of the most delicious meals you will ever eat.
Heirloom tomatoes taste far superior to regular tomatoes. My favorite of the heirloom tomatoes is the black krim. Sandwiches made out of this tomato are just wonderful. With a couple of slices of sandwich bread and some Dukes mayonnaise you can have one of the tastiest tomato sandwiches you will ever eat.
Have you ever tasted fried green tomatoes, how about a green tomato apple pie? There are just so many things you can do with tomatoes. But what ever you do be sure to check out heirloom tomatoes. You won't ever taste a tomato that tastes as good as an heirloom tomato.
You want to be sure to check out the videos below for more things you can do with your tomatoes. There are so many wonderful things that you can do with tomatoes. As you watch videos about things you can make with your tomatoes be sure to make and take careful notes so you can refer back to them when you need to.
I make my own tomato ketchup all the time and its delicious. Much better than any tomato ketchup you can buy from the grocery store. Once you start making your own tomato ketchup, tomato sauce, and tomato paste you'll never go back to buying store bought products again. What you can make is much better than anything you will ever buy out of a store. And before you know it you'll have your own recipes and be able to make any tomato product you would like right there in your kitchen.
I want to thank you for reading my Hub Page on How To Freeze Tomatoes and I hope you find something here that you can use. Thanks for taking the time to read my Hub Page.