How To Make a Delicious, Wheat Free Swiss Roll
Lets Make a Delicious Wheat Free Swiss Roll
This delicious roulade Swiss roll treat is suitable for people who are wheat intolerant.
The rice flour is this wonderful roulade gives a perfect nutty accompaniment to the jam and is the perfect after dinner treat.
You can replace the jam in this roulade with chocolate spread to make a wonderful chocolate roulade/swiss roll.
- 6 Seperated Eggs
- 90g Caster Sugar
- 75g Rice Flour
- 6-8 Tbsp Apricot or Rasberry jam
- Icing sugar
How To Make the Wheat Free Swiss Roll
- For the cake, whisk the egg yolks and the sugar together.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites into soft peaks. Gently fold the flour and the separated egg whites into the yolk, taking care not to knock the air bubbles out.
- Pour the the mix into a prepared Swiss roll tin approx 35 x 25 x 1cm. Lightly level the surface, and make sure the corners are filled. Bake in the centre of a pre heated oven for 8 minutes or until soft and spongy when you press it.
- Remove to cake from the oven and careful turn it from the tin onto a sheet of grease-proof paper with icing sugar sprinkled over. Peel the paper away from the other side of the cake.
- Spread the surface of the sponge with the jam then , starting with a short edge, roll up the cake, let it cool on a cake rack, gently chop a thin slice off each end to tidy it up. Place the Swiss roll on a plate and sprinkle with icing sugar, slice and serve.