- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
How To Make A Simple Cheese
Many people enjoy a good taste of cheese with their meal. It goes great on bread, crackers, pizza etc. Maybe some of us want to learn how to make our own cheese. It's a very simple process and only requires a small amount of work.
Simple White Cheese
- Half Gallon Whole Milk
- 3 Lemons, Squeezed Into Juice
How To Make
- First, squeeze the lemons into juice.
- Now, put your half gallon of milk into a heavy-bottomed pot. Begin simmering milk until it gets hot. Then turn off stove.
- Once heat is turned off, add the lemon juice and stir into milk. Wait for part of it to start turning green (that is a good thing).
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- If curds and whey have not completely seperated, add more lemon juice.
- Put cheese cloth over a colander and slowly pour the curds and whey into it to filter it out. It will look wet. Let the soon to be cheese set for another 10 minutes.
- Tie the cheese cloth with the cheese in it, and hang it over something to let the whey drip into. The longer you leave it in there the harder it will get. Leave it 8 hours for hard cheese. 2 Hours for softer cheese.