- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How To Make Beef And Beer Soup
If you love beer you'll be happy to know it's not just for drinking. Beer can also be added as a flavor enhancing ingredient to many delicious recipes. One of my favorite uses for beer (besides drinking it of course) is to make great tasting soups. Here's a delicious recipe for a mouth watering Beef And Beer Soup:
- 1 lb round steak, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 oz sliced mushrooms
- (1) 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups beef broth
- (1) 12 oz can or bottle beer
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- fresh herb sprig (optional)
What Do You Think?
Does this Beef And Beer Soup recipe sound like something you would enjoy? Do you know another soup recipe with beer? Do you have a suggestion of something I could add to this recipe to make it even better? Please let me know! I look forward to your feedback!
- Heat the vegetable oil in a 5 quart pot over medium heat. Add the beef, onion, carrots, and celery to the hot oil. Stir occasionally, and cook until the meat is done and the vegetables are slightly tender. Remove the pot from heat.
- Add the beer, beef broth, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes. Add the kidney beans, zucchini, and mushrooms. Stir. Return to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes (or until the zucchini is tender).
- Serve and enjoy! Ladle your Beef and Beer Soup into bowls, and garnish with fresh herbs as desired.