How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup and What Ingredients to Use
Chicken Soup Is Easy To Make
You really can't go wrong making Chicken Noodle Soup. The more seasonings and herbs you put in the better the flavor is. It just depends on how you want to make it and what flavors you want to taste. How much time you want to put into it.
Add fresh or dried herbs.
Bay leaves, thyme, garlic, basil, bouillon cubes, parsley, baby spinach and chives.
The meat of the chicken can be breast, tenderloin, thighs, wings. Bone in, bone out.
Left over chicken, already boiled ahead chicken. Raw Chicken, rotisserie, baked.
Replace the noodles with rice or zucchini.
There are many options and most of the time you can't go wrong making chicken soup.
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins or breast, cut into cubes
- 1 cup or 5 stalks celery (leave the leaves on if you prefer), cut small
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or 1 1/2 tablespoon butter which ever you prefer
- 1 can 26oz cream chicken, soup
- 5 cups water
- 2 knorr chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder, or fresh
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups frozen, mixed vegetables
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bag egg noodles, boiled ahead of time per directions
- In a cooking pot add the olive oil or butter, onions and celery. Saute until the onions start to turn glossy
- Add the chicken and stir until the chicken turns white.
- Add cream of chicken soup, 2 bouillon cubes, seasoning and the water. Stir and bring to a slight boil. Turn down the heat to medium
- Simmer for 20 minutes, covered with the lid on
- Add vegetables. Simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add the cooked noodles, simmer for 5 minutes.
If you want thicker chicken broth
Add a tablespoon of corn starch or a dash of heavy cream
Classic Chicken Soup And Crackers
If you use fresh carrots be sure to wash and shave the thin layer of the carrot skin off.
Sometimes the skin can have a bitter taste and it can overwhelm the flavor of the soup.
Add a bouillon cube to the boiling noodle water for extra flavor
The noodles will have a wonderful chicken flavor since these cubes consist of: Dehydrated vegetables, meat stock, salt, and seasonings.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2018 Ramona