How to Make Delicious Homemade Scones Very Easy Recipe
Homemade English Scones
Scones are a very delicious snack. They are also very simple to make. This recipe I am going to share with you today takes no longer than 10 minutes to prepare and around 15 minutes to cook. I like to serve them fresh out of the oven with butter or margarine as it melts into the scones as they are still hot and is absolutely delicious. How over you could let them cool down and serve them with jam and cream or just with jam if you like.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Cheese
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Milk
- The first step is to combine all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Now that you have combined all of your ingredients together you want to give it a good mix. You will need to mix it very well so that there is no lumps or any flour left in the bottom of the bowl.
- Now you want to take your scone mixture out of the mixing bowl and place it on the bench. I like to place it on a piece of baking paper so I can transfer it directly from the bench to the baking tray when it is ready to be baked.
- Now you want to press the scone mixture into the right size. I will leave a photo below so you can see roughly how big it will need to be. You will also need to add a little flour to the top of the scone mixture so it doesn't stick to your hands. Now that it is the right size cut your scones into roughly equal sizes so that they cook evenly in the oven.
Now that you have prepared your scones it is time to bake them. Place them onto a baking tray and then put them in a preheated oven. Your oven should be preheated to 180 degrees Celsius which is 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake them until they are golden brown. When I serve them I like to slice them in half and add a little butter or margarine. I have also left a video below if you would like to watch how to make these delicious homemade scones.