How To Make Homemade Mini Doughnuts
Homemade Mini Doughnut Ingredients:
- 300 grams Strong White Bread Flour
- 1 & a half Tablespoons Salt
- 20 grams Castor Suagr
- 100 ml Milk
- 10 grams Butter
- 7 grams Fresh Yeast
- 1 Egg
- Vegtable Oil
How to make Homemade Mini Doughnuts:
- To get started take a fairly large bowl and mix your flour, salt and sugar making sure to mix well. After put your mix aside and then heat the butter and milk in a saucepan until the butter has melted. Once you have done this leave the liquid to cool until warm. (This is because if the liquid is very hot, it will kill the yeast when you add it in).
- Once the liquid has cooled but is still warm, add the yeast blending it in using a wooden spoon if possible. Once you've done this pour the liquid into the bowl of flour that you put aside earlier. Now mix in the egg.
- One you have done this you will now need to mix the dough you have created well in an electric mixer with the dough hook attached instead of the standard hook you might usually use. See the picture below. Mix for a good six minutes.
Electric Mix With Dough Hook:
4. Once the dough has formed, completely cover it with clingfilm or a damp-ish cloth and leave in a warm place for about an hour. Over this time your dough should rise and double in size.
5. After the hour is up take your dough and place it on a floured surface and knead until the dough is tight again. Now form the dough into twelve small balls. Place them on a greased baking tray and then once again leave them alone in a warm area for about thirty minutes. This is called leaving them to "prove". Like before, this will leave them time to rise to double in size.
6. Heat the vegtable oil in a deep fat fryer to 175 degrees. I use a mini deep fat fryer like the one below. It's reliable, easy to use and can be used for so many different recipes. Take your dough balls and carefully lower them one at a time into the hot oil. Deep fry your dough balls for roughly three minutes, and then turn over and cook for another two minutes. Remove your mini doughnuts with a slotted spoon if possible and leave them to cool on a wire rack for a couple of minutes.
Mini Deep Fat Fryer:
7 . Once cool enough, roll your homemade mini doughnuts in citrus sugar.