How To Make Laduree French Macarons
Laduree is a well-known French luxury bakery and pastry shop. It is located in many areas of the world. But Laduree is not yet available in the Philippines. So, most Filipinos rely on 'pasalubongs' to taste the famous pastries Laduree offers, or they get to visit their shops when they go abroad.
Just recently, French macarons have become a fad among Filipinos. It can be of different colors, and the taste is very pleasant along with the fine texture of the pastry.
Basic French Macarons Ingredients
- 2/3 cups almonds, (meal or ground)
- 3 egg whites, large
- 1 1/2 sugar, confectioners
- 5 tbsps sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How To Bake French Macarons
- Mix egg whites using a mixer. When eggs get fluffy, gradually add granulated sugar one teaspoon at a time, until everything is mixed. Wait for it to be glossy and peak-forming.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Mix the half of the almond mixture and fold the meringue formula above. Add the second half, when full incorporated, and repeat the folding motion.
- Put inside pastry bag, and place in baking tins.
- Bake in over for 15-20 minutes.